At our foundation Sean and I are simple people. The fundamentals are important to us: Family, Love, Health, Friends. The rest is just a bonus.
Kind of like a crepe, right? The soft buttery, texture of a crepe can do well on it’s own. But, you add toppings and a filling it’s heaven.
The blogging world has put a little jag into my use of time, and adds a complex layer to things. However, I have been finding such a supportive community, and creative ways to add more to our fundamental values. Kind of like always eating sweet crepes, but then suddenly realizing, hey savory is pretty good as well.
Which is ironic because when Sean and I started dating almost 8 years ago weekend crepes did not exist. Then as our relationship evolved, and so did our routines. And, suddenly these crepes found themselves into almost every weekend. Just not on this blog, yet. Maybe I thought since it was simple, and routine they weren’t a “recipe” for the blog. I guess it’s time for the blog to evolve more into our fundamental routine.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tbsp butter
1 container of Trader Joe’s fruit yogurt
What ever fruit you like. Pictured here is banana, blueberries, and strawberries
1. Whisk flour and eggs until bubbles form.
2. Gradually add in milk and water, stirring to combine.
3. Add in salt and butter stir until smooth.
4. It’s best to let this sit overnight, if you are doing a last minute thing you can get away with 20-30 minutes in the fridge.
5. Pour on griddle of medium heat. Heat thoroughly until bottom is golden brown, 3-4 minutes, and flip. Repeat on opposite side.
6. Remove from griddle. Place 1/2 of yogurt on one crepe along with toppings, fold in the outsides.
What’s important to you?
If you follow on FB then you know a healthy Reese’s smoothie recipe is coming up…..