In the middle of Winter I always crave a little reminder of warmth, even if I do live in Southern California. So, a meal with Pineapple does the trick. This easy recipe from The Healthy Foodie also fits the bill perfectly since I’m in the middle of Yoga Teacher Training and time is limited.
You are definitely getting bang for you buck here in terms of nutrition per bite. Plus, this adaptable meal is quick with a burst of Tropics. Due to time, I cheated and used Trader Joe’s chopped Broccoli, and Stir Fry Veggie mixture (two separate mixtures). Also, for taste I added Garlic and Barely for a carb. Check out The Healthy Foodie for many more creative recipes and beautiful pictures. Whenever I’m not sure what to cook or bake, I always find something on her site.
Pineapple Shrimp Stir fry adapted from The Healthy Foodie
Serves 3-4, Cook and Prep Time: 20-30 Minutes
14 Large Cooked Shrimp shelled
1/2 small Onion chopped
1 container of Trader Joe’s sliced Pineapple
1 Bag of Trader Joe’s sliced Broccoli Mixture
1 Container of Trader Joe’s Stir Fry Vegetable Mixture
3 Garlic cloves minced
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Cook 1 cup of Barely according to directions.
2. In non stick pan heat 1 Tbsp of coconut oil over Medium heat. Add garlic, and onion. Cook until Onion is translucent, 5-6 minutes.
3. Add in both Trader Joe’s Veggie Mixtures and Soy Sauce, keep heat on Medium, cook until Veggies are Soften 2-3 minutes.
4. Add ginger, Pineapple and cooked Shrimp to Veggies, cooking until warm.
5. Add a scoop of cooked barely to plate, top with Shrimp Veggie Mixture.