As you heard my family came to town. And, what better why to show my appreciation and gratitude then to make them healthy muffins?
These little guys ended up working well for breakfast, and for snacks on our hikes. Moist, sweet and filling. This recipe makes a large batch since we had a lot of Cupini’s and McLean’s wandering around. They freeze well, so you can make a bunch and save for later, or just cut the ingredients in half.
Cinnamon Banana Muffins
yields approx 24 muffins
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (can use a gluten free mix as well)
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
2 Tsp baking soda
1 Tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
5 bananas mashed
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tray with muffin liners.
2. Stir together all dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl, except sugar, until well combined.
3. In separate large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, honey, and coconut oil, until well mixed. Do not over mix eggs. Just beat until little bubbles begin to appear.
4. Add in remaining wet ingredients to large mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
5. Pour dry ingredients into wet, while mixing. Continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
6. Pour matter into muffin liners until 3/4 full.
7. Place into preheated oven. Bake for approx 15-18 minutes. Take out when golden.