Happy Valentine’s Day.
K, maybe this isn’t your traditional Valentine’s Day meal or look. But, it has hearts and contains some red. They are just separate, in the form of artichoke heart and tomatoes.
It is my gift to you and your loved one’s heart. Lots of protein from eggs and low fat cheeses, and nutrients from the veggies. Plus, heart healthy fats from the avocado. This will keep you full and fueled for a while.
You are welcome.
P.S. Stay tuned for another section coming to this site involving surgeries. Starting with the heart…..
Artichoke Hearts and Sun dried Tomato Frittata
Serves 4-6, Prep Time 15 Minutes, Cook Time 25
6 ounces Sun dried Tomatoes
1 can Artichoke Hearts cut
6 ounces Cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup Lite Shredded Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Low fat cottage Cheese
1/4 Cup Almond milk
2 garlic cloves minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl gently beat the eggs. Add in garlic.
2. Stir in the cottage cheese, shredded cheese and Parmesan cheese until well combined.
3. Add in tomatoes and artichokes, stir until mixed.
4. Pour into greased oven safe skillet. Cook on medium for 5-6 minutes. Until set, or bubbling begins. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
5. Carefully remove skillet from stove top and place in oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until Parmesan is golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
6. Cut a wedge and serve with some sliced heart healthy avocado.