First day went well! So, let’s talk about some summer food. These little babies are good for snacks on camping trips, or hikes, by the pool, or after the beach with a little coconut milk. All the scents and tastes of summer mixed into a sweet tropical muffin. Hello summer, Welcome!
Bake a healthy treat for you and the ones you care about. The sweetness is from the dates, a little agave, and pineapple. Instead of butter, these muffins get their rich moistness from coconut oil. They also pack plenty of carbs for energy, but are low in gluten for those finicky stomachs.
Coconut Pineapple Date Muffins
1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour (or gluten free substitute)
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup agave sweetener
1 tsp coconut extract
6 drops liquid vanilla stevia (optional)
1/4 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup chopped pineapple
10 dates without pits (soaked overnight)***
1. Soak 10 dates in the refrigerator overnight in water.***
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Using a food processor, process dates with 1/4 cup coconut milk.
4. In large mixing bowl mix together agave, coconut oil and eggs. After well combined, mix in date paste and then coconut extract and Stevia.
5. In separate medium bowl combine dry ingredients until well mixed.
6. While mixer is going slowly add mixed dry ingredients into large mixing bowl with wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
7. Fold in chopped pineapple.
8. Place large spoonfuls into greased or lined muffin pan.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Serves 12 large muffins