My husband loves crepes, but he’s not such a fan of pancakes. I love both, and sometimes miss pancakes. So, I created a batter that when poured and allowed to sit on the griddle, you have a pancake. Or, you can spread and thin out the batter after it’s poured, and have a crepe. Now both crepe and pancake lovers are happy .
And what better way to fuel up on Carbs before your workday, or workout? These also have a little healthy fat from the peanut butter, and protein from the eggs and yogurt to keep you fuller longer. Plus, with the sweetness from agave and banana you won’t need any of that sugary syrup.
Peanut Butter Banana Pancake Like Crepe
Adapted from Runner’s World Magazine
Makes 16 Pancakes or Crepes
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 Tsp salt
1 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp baking soda
2 Tsp Agave
2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
2 cups Almond Milk
3 Large Eggs
2 Tsbp PB
1 Tsp vanilla
1 mashed banana
1. Combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Mix (I used my hand mixer) agave, eggs, peanut butter and banana together until creamy. Do not over mix eggs.
3. Mix in Greek yogurt, almond milk and vanilla.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until well combined.
5. For a pancake pour onto heated and greased griddle. Heat until bubbles form. Then flip and heat until golden brown.
6. For a more crepe like pancake, pour onto heated greased frying pan. Lift pan, and gently rotate so batter slides to the edges of circle making it larger. This thins out the pancake. Cook until bubbles form (not as long as the pancake) and flip.
Or if you have a crepe spreader (we do not), place in the center of the batter and rotate spreading the crepe into a wider circle.
What do you prefer Pancake or Crepe?