This time of year calls for Pumpkin. These pumpkin recipes are floating around everywhere. So, I thought I would combine it with my fav, oatmeal, for some breakfast for my sweetie. Speaking of sweet, I found this to have so much flavor that all I needed was a few chopped banana slices instead of sugary syrup!
Not only does pumpkin add Fall and Winter comfort to this waffle, but it’s providing you with: carotenoids, vitamin C, E, B’s and Folates. Just to mention a few. Bring on the Fall/Winter Sickness fighter!
Oatmeal Pumpkin Waffles
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp Pumpkin spice
1/2 Tsp salt
2 Tsp baking powder
1 1/2 Cup almond milk
7.5 ounce canned pumpkin
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp agave
1. Heat waffle griddle.
2. Mix together dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. In separate large bowl, Beat (I use a had blender) together eggs, agave, oil and oil until well combined. Then while still blending add in canned pumpkin, vinegar and almond milk until well combined.
4. Slowly pour in dry ingredients into wet. Blend until well combined.
5. Pour into your waffle girdle, flip.
6. Impatiently wait for your timer and flip.
7. Add some toppings like banana.