Back to my favorite combo; oatmeal and chocolate. Now in bite size travel friendly form. One note of caution for these summer months. These little bars will melt in your mouth and your hand . They are an easy healthy sweet snack for the kid in all of us, or for your kiddies. I place them in individual wraps, and freeze them for easy travel to work.
I’ve seen similar recipes floating around on a variety of sites, but after many delicious trials Sally’s was the one where the bars stuck together the best. I’ve substituted honey for the sugar because I love the combo, and used just chocolate chips. Check out the original recipe at Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Mini Granola Bars
Makes 16 mini bars
2.5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
3 Tbsp honey
1 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp salt
2 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond milk
1 egg (or can substitute using chia seeds)
2 ripe bananas mashed
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
2. mix together oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. Add in milk, vanilla, and egg. Then stir in honey and peanut butter. Mix together until evenly combined.
4. Add in mashed bananas and chocolate chips. Stir well.
5. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 20 minutes. Cut into bars and enjoy.