Receiving a CSA box, is like being part of a food game.
“With these items make a healthy meal for you and your family with leftovers for the work week. You have one hour to complete your task. A complimentary gift from your co host includes a glass of Pinot Noir. Do you agree to this challenge? Go!”
This meal is also inspired by Kalli at Fit and Forty Something. If you follow her on instagram, you will see the woman rocks. I’ve never seen so many creative salads on a daily basis. If she only delivered….
Cabbage Soba Noodle Salad
1 head of cabbage shredded
6-8 ounces of Spinach
8-10 Large carrots chopped
1 cup Soba Noodles
1 package of chopped tofu or 8 ounces chopped Chicken
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
5 Tbsp of veggie broth
4 Tbsp of peanut butter
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
4 Tbsp of soy sauce
2 Tsp of honey
2 Tsp ginger
3 minced garlic cloves
1. Combine sauce ingredients in Medium Mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
2. Cook Soba Noodles according to directions.
3. While noodles are cooking, in large pan wilt cabbage and spinach with 2 Tbsp water using medium heat. After greens are wilted drain into colander and return back to pan.*** Add Olive Oil.
4. Add carrots and tofu, or chicken to wilted greens keeping heat at Medium.
5. Pour sauce over greens mixture, stirring until everything is coated.
6. Add in noodles and stir until well combined.
7. Pour onto plate and let set for 5 minutes.
*** For a thicker sauce make sure to thoroughly drain veggies. As you can see in the picture, I could have drained a little more.