Silence. Stillness. Serenity.
That’s how I feel after a yoga practice. Ok, adding another resolution. Try to recapture this feeling more frequently through out the day.
All I know is I have moved past the madness of reinstalling my whole computer. This explains the M.I.A in posts. My computer is now Feng Shui’ed, and moving quite quickly thank you very much.
Not to worry Karma will come back around for those Virus writers…… Thank goodness for support from iyogi.
Anywho, moving along. So this little recipe find from Eating Bird Food hits the sweet spot craving (can you say cinnamon oatmeal cookie) , or is the perfect recovery fuel following yoga (or any other workout). I just copied this recipe right from her site.
Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie (Copied From Eating Bird Food)
- 1/2 – 1 frozen banana (note- peel your bananas before you freeze them)
- 3/4 -1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 scoop vanilla brown rice protein powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more almond milk.
- Pour into a glass or bowl (depending on whether you want to use a spoon or straw) and top with 1 Tablespoon of dried fruit, nuts or other topping.
**You can make this smoothie with half of a banana and less almond milk but it’s even better with one full frozen banana and 1 cup of almond milk
Practicing Stillness of the body,
Practicing Stillness of the mind.